Monday, June 3, 2024

Message for Tuesday 4 June 2024 \Identity in Flux/

Message for Tuesday 4 June 2024

\Identity in Flux/

Is there a difference between being alone, being lonely, and being lonesome?

I'll wager two cents: Alone just means alone. Lonely means alone plus feeling sadly alone, uncompanioned and missing companionship. Lonesome can be that, but also can be a state of mind which actually welcomes being lonely (at least for a while), like someone sipping a drink at a bar who doesn't want a stranger to start a conversation. He is lonesome, wanting to be alone and even appreciating the melancholy of it. 

I just listened to a set of tunes concocted by Spotify for me based on my listening history and they were all lonesome songs, in a good way. Even AI, it seems, is responding to the sun-and-Venus-square-Saturn aspect at its peak this week. I've already described it: "Nobody loves me" or "I don't love anybody" or "I sure wish I knew what my purpose is because nothing seems to be going my way," and so on.

Maybe there are clues in the symbols for the day, compacted into a sonnet:

/

rapid inland stream, a narrow river, is turbulent.

A woman following it is shallow and self-willed.

She holds a bundle of faggots, her hair disordered by

The wind. She's versatile, eccentric, attempting too much

/

In confusion. Opportunities she has lost she regains

In imagination. Fluid maturity leads to

Reformulation. Two Dutch children are talking about

Their common background and skill-set, gaining a

/

Childlike clarification within everyday ease. 

One man observing them is intelligent but egoistic,

Dictatorial, precise without flexibility, a Goth.

Another observeis something else, a dark moving 

/

Column standing very high, content to enter a strangeand

Depart unknown. The children are rapt into his mystery.

{Tuesday} /Identity in Flux\

Cosmic Piper

Moon in Taurus


No comments:

Post a Comment