Wednesday, June 3, 2015

^What Are All these Forecasts About, Really?^

What is All This About, Really?

My "tirade," if such it was yesterday, about my failure to get recognition for my serious and extremely important astrological discoveries (for that they are!) impels me toward other thoughts, which are hard to express, but I need to try.

Perhaps one reason no one seems pleased with my announcing the weekly |karmically difficult or sobering third| of each week--which has been thoroughly tested by me, otherwise I would not be so bold--is that they don't want to feel subjected to some "evil" cosmic tendency or motion of the planets, as if they were puppets.

I can't disagree with their discomfort. But I believe it all comes from a misapprehension of what astrology really is. We need to deal with that, again and again, because the human race in general just does not get it.

Astrology does not negate G*d! It upholds and uplifts him. Neither does it make G*d a monster, torturing us through the planets. In my understanding of it, it shows patterns of experience which Deity has mapped out for us, none of which have to be negative, evil, or odious, if we understand how to work with each one of them.

That's it, in a nutshell. Obviously not everyone is mauled and killed by a lion during the |karmically difficult third|, as Katie Chappell was this time, nor is everyone drowned in a capsized boat in China. But those things happened this time around, and they happen more frequently during the |difficult third| periods. That is my claim, based on decades of observation. I leave to others the statistical details. I do not need them; I have my own experiences, confirmed week after week. I and many other astrologers are discoverers, explorers, mapping out fresh territory. The statisticians will come after us to see how the details pile up. That work has to be done later. Discovery does not come with statistics, except with informal statistics which the human mind is very good at doing on its own. Statistics merely make clearer what the discoveries mean in detail. I leave it to others.

G*d wants us to study astrology because He wants us to learn how to live! He has set up this solar system, and put us within it on our wonderful planet, with certain consistent patterns which have been noted and written about by astrologers since the night of time. They are getting gradually better at it. No longer do they tell a child that he is doomed to die at the age of 23, for example, or make other dismal predictions. They know that life is more fluid than that and more subject to the free will of the individual. Yet the astrological patterns of a lifetime are not a belief or superstition but are observable and verifiable by anyone who studies judicial (natal) astrology carefully in connection with his best friends and relatives and famous people. This is a huge project which has been going on for centuries and shall continue. 

It does not mean that the planets control our lives! It means that each person was born at a time when the planets were aligned to show what that person was intended by G*d to do or learn or experience during his or her lifetime. It is a gracious synchronicity designed by the Lord, as was pointed out a few centuries ago by the brilliant philosopher-mathematician Leibniz in his Monadology. In fact, Leibniz's philosophy may provide the most convincing philosophic justification and underpinning for astrology ever set forth. He was a serious Christian, showing that astrology is compatible with that religion. 

Max Heindel, an esoteric Christian astrologer, liked to quote a medieval proverb: "An undevout astrologer is mad." Indeed! Who but G*d could arrange things as they are manifestly arranged in our solar system, to reflect myriad details of human living and human consciousness? It is a never-ceasing miracle, as is creation itself.

It would also be "mad" to give more attention to the cosmic Web or patterns of astrological Synchronicity than to G*d Himself (or Herself). He and She are the Masters of it all. Love for G*d is the essence of the Judaic, Christian, and Vaishnava Hindu traditions, and it is in these that I take my spiritual stand, together with the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother which are a refined and highly evolved Vaishnavism such as the world has never known. 

Meanwhile as a human being I write this daily forecast-meditation in trepidation! I know full well how "arrogant" it might seem. I am not "playing G*d" but am indeed trying to manifest some of His wisdom, and do not consider that a sin or a crime. I hope earnestly that some of you who are patient enough to read these forecasts will find something in them each day to make your life a little brighter and more understandable. And I hope earnestly that you will integrate that into your own serious personal approach to Deity, without Whom there is nothing.

Hugh
Cosmic Piper

June 3, 2015

1 comment:

  1. I never posted a comment but I´ve appreciate always your insights on such complicate subject, I actually found your predictions quite accurate, you often depict with astonishing details what happen in my daily life. Please go on I´m sure all of your readers appreciate your writings even if they may not, as myself, say thanks every time they read them.

    ReplyDelete