Thursday, June 30, 2016

Forecast for Friday 1 July 2016

Friday 1 July 2016

}Persistence{

Moon in Gemini   
|Karmically difficult or sobering third| of this week (until Sunday)   ** |

It appears that the smoothest part of the holiday weekend will be Sunday and Monday, so if that helps in your planning, well and good. Maybe the most unusual or elaborate plans should be reserved for those two days. The only problem is that those will also be the days of the New Moon and even conventional meteorologists have concluded that, statistically, there is a larger chance of rain at those times (as well as the Full Moons). Still, if you want to spend part of the weekend either alone or less socially involved, I would choose Friday and Saturday for that.

From yesterday's report:  This coming holiday weekend should be good because the Venus-Mars trine is getting closer by the day, exact on the 6th (and continuing through the 15th). Not everyone is in a thrilling love-affair but everyone is entitled to some kind of unusual affection, sympathy, goodwill or friendship during this period. 

I struggle with these daily forecasts, often thinking that a weekly format may be better. I would continue with the lunar data (at the beginning of each forecast now) on a daily basis, or posted a few days ahead of time, but leave out the complex discussion of current aspects except for a weekly report (based on a Saturday through Friday week as I have done in the past). Perhaps I will try that experimentally tomorrow.

There is so much that could be said about the lunar aspects each day, which I do not have time to do. For example: Today, Thursday as I write, I went out in the late afternoon a couple hours before the moon opposite Mars aspect was exact, from Taurus to Scorpio. Here is what I wrote about that in the Thursday forecast:  Thursday brings some of these matters [concerning personal finances and international finance] to the fore because of the moon's opposition with Mars from Taurus to Scorpio, the money axis (and also often the sex axis). Agitations of the passions and lusts is certainly possible especially because, additionally, Venus and Mars are now in their trine by less than 8 degrees and increasing.

After a few other matters, I walked through a nice park connected with Seattle University. For the first time, I noticed some amazing flower beds and stopped to enjoy them. The flowers were filled with bees garnering their sweet harvest from the "sexual organs" of the plants. This is not what I had been thinking of regarding the "sex axis" Taurus-Scorpio, but there it was! A skeptic could say "Well, the bees were doubtless there every day." Probably true, but this was the day and hour when I experienced them. Astrology is a phenomenological science. Look up the philosopher Husserl. It is an experiential science. Each astrologer or student uses the planetary positions and aspects to illumine his or her own experiences, the phenomena which present themselves concurrently with the planetary phenomena. I have not seen a single bee this year, not one, but I saw dozens of them less than an hour before this lunar aspect occurred. The moon in Taurus is perfect, because if there is such a thing as a "flower sign" it would be Taurus. (Think of Ferdinand the Bull who loved to smell the flowers. I put my nose in several this afternoon, making sure first there was no bee drinking there.) Bees might be called Scorpio-type insects, in that they can sting as can the Scorpion! The opposition of the moon to Mars from a "flower sign" to a "bee sign" was perfectly accurate in my experience. The bees were not hurting (opposition) the flowers, but helping them perhaps through pollination, as well as helping themselves. That shows how the opposition can be a good aspect, depending on how it is used. If a bee had stung me, that would be the opposition in its hurtful mien. No such thing. 

After enjoying this scene a while I walked on. I stopped to rest near one entrance to the park. A blackbird was making an enormous ruckus in the tree above. I somehow get along with those birds, although I know they can be hurtful to other birds (and that I don't like). I looked up into the tree and this lone blackbird continued cawing and scolding the whole world for more than five minutes. Decidedly unusual. I looked at the current positions of the planets on the AstroGold app on my phone, and saw that the moon was two minutes of arc from its opposition with Mars, almost there. This crow was announcing the aspect to the world. I don't know what was eating him. 

I continued on my way, toward my bank (Taurus-Scorpio, the money axis). I stopped to take in a street scene. A young man dressed in red, with pink shoes, was taking a photo. Red is the color of Mars. It turns out that he was photographing his skateboard, which he had just succeeded in putting in an amazing position. Around the corner, two other skateboarders were at it, and one kicked something on the street hard with his foot (Mars a planet of impact or hitting). Two ot the skateboards were partially red. By now the moon was void-of-course. It was sort of a void-of-course scene, these dudes playing around, one of them photographing it all. Mars rules young males. 

I went on to my bank and had to wait a very long time to cross an intersection (moon void-of-course). I needed to take some money out of the ATM in order to verify or jump-start my new debit card. I didn't need to get the money for any other reason, so my getting it was "void-of-course" in that sense. Then I forgot my receipt and a lady handed it to me. Not a big deal, it had to be done sometime. This is why I so often say "routine things" are fine during the void-of-course. Taking out a loan would not be routine. Now I have to cut in pieces and throw away my old debit card (I have frequently said here that v-of-c times are good for cleaning and throwing things out). 

All this seeming trivia goes on, every day, during pertinent lunar aspects. We just don't notice it. If I were to write a complete forecast I would have to say: "Moon opposite Mars, Taurus to Scorpio: You might witness or stop a rape. Probably not. Or maybe see bees seeming to rape flowers. Why not? You might go to a bank, or do some banking on your computer or phone. You might hear a crow making a tumult. You might witness young males playing, clothed in red." And on and on. And even then I would not have exhausted the possibilities of this aspect. That is why we need to get into our consciousness a sense of what all the astrological indications can mean, and then be pleasantly surprised with the endlessly creative ways they work out in our magical universe--the magical solar system within which we are privileged to reside.

Whether to try to continue the daily reports, and fail so many times to hit on exactly what is going on in your particular world, I may opt, tomorrow, for a weekly report covering this Saturday through next Friday. We shall see.

Today (Friday) we need to decide on our set ambitions or plans and carry them out rather than be indecisive and weak. Flexibility is fine; not reckless escapism. 

{Friday} {Persistence}

Cosmic Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment