Friday, June 3, 2016

Forecast for Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 June 2016

Saturday 4 June 2016

^Steady Focus^

Moon in Gemini
|Karmically challenging or sobering third| of this week continues (through most of Sunday as well)   * |
New Moon of Gemini occurs at 8:01p PT | 11:01p ET | 3:01a(Su) UT

Since nothing much has changed in the planetary patterns, I repeat what was posted here Thursday:

Deep thinking is going on. Worries have a way of getting the mind going, hopefully in useful directions rather than merely rehearsing the worries.

The Venus-hard-aspect-Saturn situation goes on about four times a year. The current Venus-opposite-Saturn aspect runs from May 27 through June 10, and its center is May 31 through June 6. The sun is opposite Saturn (with Venus) at the same time. From previous experiences, here are some thoughts:

1  People seem out of sorts. People on the street, strangers, everyone seems unsmiling and bitter. What did I do to deserve this? Is it my hair? My clothing? My personality? Or are they all crazy? Why am I being persecuted?

1a(meliorated)  It's a current state of affairs, connected with this hard aspect going on. People feel disappointed in themselves and everyone around them. It's not that they are singling me out. They are suffering it as much as I am.

2  Grouchiness. Everything seems brittle or pointless or dull or bleak. So one is complaining about things in one's mind--one's work, job, neighbors, mate, friends, job superiors or subordinates, costs, diet, etc. "Those idiots! That fathead! Bitch!" etc.

2a(meliorated)  Detachment. One decides to get over it. Things are what they are. It will get better probably. (Astrology obviously helps here.) Somehow one remembers that one has been through such times before and one's subconscious mind says "Cool it, it will not be this way forever." Even better, if one does Yoga or Christian Science or anything spiritual, one can train oneself to be detached from desires and accept things the way they are--if one is on a devotional path, offering everything to the Supreme.

3  Boredom. "Bah, Blah, is everything really so pointless? Is this all there is? Nothing is fun or exciting. Everybody and everything is boring." 

3a(meliorated)  You find some way to rise above the boredom. You try to realize what it is in life that really gets your interest, attention, enthusiasm or affection. Then you can put your attention on that rather than on what seems boring. 

4  Disappointment. My money situation looks bleak. I don't have enough for (this trip, that adventure, this article of clothing or whatnot). My mate (partner, friend) is doing that same old stuff which doesn't interest me, blah! Might as well take a nap. (Get high or drunk etc.)

4a(meliorated)  There are things beyond these disappointments. What is that "spiritual joy" or Ananda which the Yogis talk about? What is the "peace which passeth all understanding" which the Bible speaks of? Maybe it is pointless to look for joy and fulfillment in what constantly disappoints? What is it that never disappoints? The spiritual teachers claim to know and teach it. 

5  Low self-esteem. "I am less than I thought I was. People see through me and now I see through myself. What a schmuck. Have failed at x, y, and z; have not lived up to my own expectations or anyone else's. Why keep trying?"

5a(meliorated)  Humility is the beginning of real life. If I see through my false claims about myself I also see into my ideals for myself. Disappointment in what I have done so far points out what I expect of myself in the future. It defines what I want to become, and I can set about becoming it, without hurry but with patient determination. 

6  Nobody loves me and I wonder if I really like anyone. What is love? Mutual admiration which ends. An illusion. 

6a(meliorated)  Everyone else is feeling something like this too. Why not peer into their souls, and feel some fellow sympathy for their suffering? They feel unloved and therefore they seem unloving. Where could love begin? Hmm . . . If they are not worthy of love and I am not worthy of love, nowhere! But according to spiritual teachings, real Love is the essence of it all. Hmm . . . 

One good and helpful fact is that when the moon is opposite Saturn, as today, we can drop a lot of silly stuff and focus on what is essential or most important. It feels good to achieve something or adhere to a study, regimen, discipline, training, or program one has chosen for oneself. There is a realism which says "Just do it." Bitter moods could be a result of refusing to train oneself to do what one ought to be doing. 

{Saturday}  ^Steady Focus^

Cosmic Piper


Sunday 5 June 2016

^Small Steps on the Way^

Moon in Gemini-->Cancer
|Karmically difficult or sobering third| of this week continues   * |
/moon goes void-of-course at 8:49a PT | 11:49a ET | 3:49p UT   * / |

Let's reconsider the following:

The current aspectual set-up is just what it is and we have to face it and work with it as best we can. Not only do we have the Venus-Saturn imbroglio I have moaned about but also the very close Jupiter-Neptune opposition, square those planets, making a Grand Cross. It makes us question ourselves and what we are doing while trying to get to a deeper level of understanding and commitment. That is all to the good no matter how painful or disorienting it may seem. 

The Bright Hermetic Epoch begins Tuesday the 7th, lessening confusion. The Grand Square loosens up considerably by Saturday the 11th. Then on the 22nd begins that 24-day period (until July 16) I have pointed out as a good vacation time or else a good time for fun, social life, meetings, parties, and possibly an old or new relationship gaining momentum or fulfillment. So we have a lot to look forward to. This weekend might be "the pits" for many of us, before the slow and relief-filled ascent out of those pits. At worst it could be despair. At best it could be a solid determination to regather yourself along with your perspective, faith, hope, and determination to carry on, rising above worry.

It could be a good time to get extra rest, or do what is gentle and easy yet meaningful. Our strength is not of the outward and flashy type but more of the nature of internal resilience, plus aspiration toward something better while being patient with small steps on the way.

{Sunday} ^Small Steps on the Way^

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment