Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Chaos, Dissolving Views, Idiocy?

Chaos, Dissolving Views, Idiocy!

(Note: The forecasts for Wednesday and Thursday are already posted here.)


I keep wondering if anyone really reads, studies, ponders, "gets" the daily symbols I post in the daily report or "forecast."


Maybe you do. I think you would get a lot more from them if you would re-read them at the end of the day and see how they fit your day almost exactly.


Today, Wednesday 17 January 2018, one of the symbols was
An indescribable scene: Chaos, confusion, dissolving views. Perhaps defect of intellect, insanity or idiocy. c
Now this was true for me on multiple levels. How about you?


1. Early in the morning it was cloudy, very cloudy, actually very misty, and raining here in Seattle, and it has not been that way for several days. Very much different from recent days. "Dissolving views" is exactly right! I could barely see across the street from my window.


2. Next, totally unexpectedly I ran across a Google device you can download which takes your photo and then summons up several paintings in museums (1200 of them at least) which resemble your own face. "An indescribable scene! Chaos, confusion, dissolving views!" Yes, that is what happened. I found that this device pulled up, next to my photo, portraits of John Adams and Mark Twain! Also a "Haarlem witch" with an owl on her shoulder; and most flattering of all, Rogers Clark Ballard Morton, who served in the cabinets of Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. I would probably disagree with his politics but he is a good-looking dude: http://history.house.gov/People/Detail/18605


Well, I found that by taking photos of myself in different light and with differing expressions I could get differing corresponding "look-alike" portraits, some of them very nice. I spent more than an hour on this. Waste of time? Maybe: "idiocy!" Charubel said. "Insanity!" But this app is becoming, or has become, quite the rage. Have you tried it? http://www.newsweek.com/how-googles-viral-selfie-app-matches-you-famous-painting-and-why-its-raising-783103
An indescribable scene: Chaos, confusion, dissolving views.


Perhaps defect of intellect, insanity or idiocy. c . . . is exactly what I was experiencing for more than an hour today with this app. But it was kind of fun.


That is not all: Another symbol for the day wasAn X ray. Investigation. sDo I have to labor to expound what that meant? Put the two symbols together, and also with this one, A woman drawing two dark curtains aside. Daring. s, and you have an almost exact depiction of what I and doubtless thousands of others were going through today with this app. The two dark curtains, drawn aside, showed that I have some resemblance to Mark Twain and John Adams, rather surprising! And much more.


3. Then, carrying out the "Chaos" symbol, I was going to go to an event in the evening, but could not find my hat. I was desperate, walking around the whole penthouse (where I am staying temporarily) at least five times and looking for my hat. I was not willing to go out in the rain without it (I don't have an umbrella). No use; the hat had disappeared. "Dissolving views." But finally the "woman drew the dark curtains aside" and the "X ray" revealed my hat in an unexpected place, on a chair at my huge 6-place dining table, hidden by the tablecloth (the "dark curtain"). But by then it was too late to go to the event. "Insanity"? "Idiocy"? I guess I could plead guilty.


So please, do consider these daily symbols seriously. They are by no means arbitrary.


HHH / CP

No comments:

Post a Comment