Thursday, December 7, 2017

Message for Friday 8 December 2017

Friday 8 December 2017

^Delectable^

Moon in Leo-->Virgo   * * * * 
/moon goes void-or-course at 2:42p PT | 5:42p ET | 10:42p UT   * * *
until it enters Virgo at 3:10p PT | 6:10p ET | 11:10p UT (about a half hour later)   * * * *

I would guess that you, like most, are going through the peculiarities of the Mercury Retrograde period (until the 22nd-23rd, about two weeks from now) half-consciously. My attempt here is to make you conscious of it and so save you trouble and worry.

For example: Today I am writing this early, which is out-of-pattern, and also later than I had expected to write it, which is doubly out-of-pattern. That is, I had decided to write it early and then a friend came over with an invitation I couldn't reject, and I delayed writing for a couple of hours. I am glad I did, yet feel a little guilty that I may be rushed in writing this. Not a big deal? Maybe not but it is typical of Mercury Retrograde. I handled it much more smoothly because I was aware of that. Rather than disappointing my friend by saying "I just can't do this today" I went along with the whim, because I said to myself, "Mercury Retrograde, be ready for changes in routine." You may find yourself doing this over and over again. 

The other question is: Maybe I should NOT change a particular routine because it will get me in trouble or make me behind? Yes, that is another possibility. In other words, sometimes we have to REFUSE to go "out of pattern" if we want to be responsible. It is always a delicate balance between the two choices. How is that different from Mercury Forward periods? Only that it happens more often and is more crucial. As I have said, and like to repeat, One should probably NOT retire from or give up on a task, group, marriage, job, or project at these times, because the temptation to do so is out of proportion to the actual advantage one might gain from "throwing in the towel." One could make a major mistake by "losing one's nerve" and dropping a responsibility just because it seems harder or more complex than usual, or because other fascinating temptations seem more exciting.

In other words, be Dear Prudence when necessary, and Silly Sally or Zany Zak when you can get away with it  You have to be the judge of that.

The variations in schedule and habit or style can be exhilarating. 

Still, with Mercury at its "station" conjoined to Saturn and in good aspect to Mars and Uranus, we are likely to be "demons of efficiency" in some areas of our lives. I have been trying to get my schedules organized and insisting on keeping up with things more effectively, even though "out of pattern" in many cases. It's just that the "efficiency" is designed more freely and surprisingly, with unexpected alterations, than it would be in a Mercury Fast Forward period. 

The Dynamic Aptness is the same today as yesterday, Venus square Neptune, which suggests Christmas gifts or decorations, or unusual clothing, ornaments or jewelry; photos which are remarkable; the arts and music as delectable and cherished. Your favorite people are works of art.

{Friday}  ^Delectable^

Cosmic Piper


December 2017, Daily Ratings (Maximum * * * * *)

7 Thursday     * * *       
8 Friday         * * * *   (except during one half-hour listed above, * * *) 
9 Saturday     * *
10 Sunday      *
11 Monday      * *      
12 Tuesday     * * * 
13 Wednesday *
14 Thursday    *
15 Friday         *
Sometimes long-term aspects will depress the ratings for weeks at a time, or raise them. The indications are intended to be most accurate from dawn of the given day until midnight. Then, from midnight until the next dawn, that quarter-day may partake of the nature of one or both days on either side. It is a transition period, usually reserved for sleep. Note: I am not giving any five-star ratings until the Dark Hermetic Epoch ends on January 10. The other ratings remain the same, but the uncertainty in the DHE makes * * * * * unrealistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment