Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Message for Wednesday 15 November 2017

Wednesday 15 November 2017

}Ratings Continued{

Moon in Libra
< moon in the Via Combusta
Daily Rating  .56

I have been obsessed with getting the "daily rating" system right. It has taken a lot of hours. Those of you who have been reading these reports for years may recall that I tried this years ago and abandoned it. I think my system then was half-baked. Is it fully baked now? I am not sure but I believe it is better than anything else I have tried. 

My struggle in toggling and tweaking it has been to discriminate between days which seem heavy, difficult, sometimes even tragic, and those which are light, easy, happy, with good results from efforts and opportunities. That is, I could reduce the whole thing to "up" or "down." However, since the way of getting there is mathematical, based on weighing "good" and "bad" factors, I am giving you the mathematical result. For Tuesday, yesterday, it might seem ridiculous that it was a 3.00, which suggests it was three time better than a 1.00 day (which is the average). No, that is not exactly how it works. The main distinction is between a less-than-1 day, such as even .99 (or .01, the lowest) versus a more-than-1 day, such as 3.00 or even just 1.00. (For me Tuesday was definitely better than Monday, when my power went off early in the afternoon until around midnight. On Tuesday a friend unexpectedly visited and we went out for some fun and it was delightful. Then other things fell into place smoothly. I had to work but the work was not stressful.) 

In studying, so far, 62 daily charts from the past, when very intense "good" or "bad" things happened to myself, people I know, and the world at large, I tried to make sure I worked with as many difficult as easy ones, to get the balance right. As I have worked it out, the following dates have come out as "below average" or less than 1:  9/11/01, WTC attack; 11/22/63, JFK assassination; 8/30 and 8/31/ 1997, accidental death of Princess Diana; 3/20/2003, beginning of Iraq war; 10/1/2017, Las Vegas massacre; 11/5/17, Texas church massacre; and more. It is hard to find public events which are "good"--a royal wedding? but many just yawn at those--so I haven't used them, but have used standout events in my life and the lives of those known to me. 

Today I went into a "tizzy," as my mother would have said, when I saw a reference to the death of a fraternity boy, Andrew Coffey, at Florida State, on November 3. I wanted to see how the date stacked up. It ended up as a 1.42 day. I was upset. What if the fraternity dudes, or Coffey himself, had looked at a Cosmic Piper report for the day and said, "Hey, let's party tonight!" and then this horrible thing happened? It wouldn't look good. But then I thought, "Well, the report says he died on Friday the 3rd, but maybe the party was on Thursday evening." It took me a very long time to search through all the online sources to find out when the party actually was held. Finally I found from CBS Miami:

"Investigators are trying to find out what happened to a Florida State University fraternity pledge found dead after a chapter party.

"Tallahassee police said no one has been arrested in the death of 20-year-old Andrew Coffey, a pledg of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity who died at an off-campus house party.
Coffey grew up in South Florida and went to Pompano Beach high school.

"Police said they responded to a call at 10:23 a.m. Friday and first responders were unable to revive Coffey. Coffey grew up in South Florida and went to Pompano Beach high school."

Aha! Now what fraternity would start a party at 9 a.m. on a Friday morning? I used to live in one of them, and that does just not happen. So the party must have been Thursday evening. 

From the Sun Sentinel:
"Coffey was found the morning after a party that had been attended by more than 50 people about a mile from campus. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

"The circumstances of Coffey’s death have remained a mystery. A specific cause has not yet been revealed, though it is believed that alcohol was a factor, authorities said.

"An autopsy has been completed but because the investigation remains open and toxicology tests have not been completed, no results have been disclosed."

So the party was on Thursday, and if Coffey or anyone had looked at what would have been my report for that day they would have found a .62 rating for 11/2/2017, less than 1 and so potentially difficult or even dangerous at worst. They then could have said, "Let's wait until Friday for the party and the heavy drinking." 

Anyway, FSU has shut down not just that one fraternity but all fraternities and sororities at their school. That seems heavy-handed to me, but . . . 

I am trying to make these reports practical. I realize that there are deaths every day, as far as the human race at present is concerned, and that when there is a game one team loses and one wins, and so on. All that is obvious, yet I feel that I am onto something which makes an important distinction among the qualities or tendencies of each day. We shall see. The less-than-1 days may be times to expect less and accomplish more. 

In doing this I have been obsessed to the point of not having time for a lot of other things. Therefore I am not giving a detailed report for Wednesday based on the symbols of the zodiacal degrees and aspects and all that, as usual. Not time, really. However, once this system is up and running, I will get back to doing that as well. It is probably more important than the mathematical ratings, ultimately, but I want to do both.

Meanwhile, today is the first day of the Dark Hermetic Epoch extending until January 10. Dark can mean dreamy or sleepy. It can mean confused. It can mean "it's time to relax." It can mean "What am I doing here and where am I?" It can mean "It's wonderful to dream of past joys and victories." It can mean "I know where I'm going, but I need to go on these side paths too for a while." We will try to adjust each daily report to it as we go along.

It took a while to get a whole week ahead with these ratings. Calculating them (very complex) is time-consuming. But here they are:

November 2017
15 Wednesday  .56
16 Thursday  .53
17 Friday  2.44
18 Saturday  During the void-of-course, morning   1.31
   Later beginning 11:00a PT | 2:00p ET | 7:00p UT  1.55
19 Sunday  2.00
20 Monday  .85   v of c after 4:28p PT | 7:28p ET | 12:28a(Tu) UT  .74
21 Tuesday   1.21
22 Wednesday   2.00

Back to regular reports, plus these for a week ahead, beginning tomorrow I hope.

{Wednesday} {Ratings Continued}

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment