Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Forecast: Wednesday and Thursday, 24-25 July, 2013

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Sun in Leo, Assurance; Moon in Aquarius, Truth-->Pisces, Love; Fortuna in 7, Partner-->8, Regeneration

/moon void-of-course until it enters Pisces
at 11:23a PT | 2:23p ET | 6:23p UT

~Learners in the Kingdom of Heaven~

There is so much to say. First, here is what I just posted in the cosmic-connexion Yahoo group (which gets the same forecast you see here every day) about the new (so far unnamed) prince: 

Thanks, Paula. I did not want to get caught up in the euphoria--not every newborn child has a "nice" horoscope or an easy one. One hard thing for an astrologer to do is point out to parents the kinds of problems their child may face. But maybe I did get caught up in the "new child" euphoria, or for other reasons in my haste to comment I failed to notice that the new prince has a T square not only with Uranus but one with Saturn at point focus, with the sun and moon as the two "ends" of the T square. This is not easy. Mary Baker Eddy had the square of the sun and Saturn, however, and she handled it manfully--womanfully--by denying that any material limitations can hinder us. It takes that kind of attitude to deal with this difficult aspect, and in the prince's case the moon also is involved. So his life is not quite as "charmed" as I had originally thought. Nor am I sure that a "charmed" life is what would be best for the world--the world needs work and the Royals have, by their position in the public eye, a chance to shape public attitudes and actions in a better direction. So one might ask, how could one who never suffers, who lives a "charmed life," realize the suffering of the world and take steps to ameliorate it? It looks as if Destiny, or G*d, has given the prince a "cross to bear" as well as a "charmed life." It must not be easy to live one's whole life in the public eye--but that is of course his destiny so we will all be watching, including this astrologer. "The king of the fairies approaching his domain" as the Sabian Symbol for his ascendant is amazing. It is the only symbol of the 360 which mentions a king. 

The sun is squaring Saturn now also for all of us, and this makes for choices. It can be depressing. It can be "look at all I am up against." That is how I feel. I felt last night that I wanted to make these forecasts available only on a private mailing list. Everybody who wants them would have to make a comment or else just say "Yes I want to continue" once a month in order to stay on the list. I am very tired of writing for phantoms or zombies who never say a word, lurking around somewhere, never saying "Thank you" or "I read the reports and find them interesting" or even "I think these forecasts suck but I read them out of some perverse fascination." Anything would be better than no communication whatever. At first I thought (fourteen years ago when I started doing these daily reports) that some of the readers (not all) would be astrological students who would write regularly to the group sharing their insights, agreeing or disagreeing with things I said, discussing the daily aspects so we could all try to understand how they work better. Alas, that has not happened at all, at all, at all. I get very nice comments from a very few of you and that keeps me going. Thank you! But I don't get the detailed feedback I had been looking for.

Sun square Saturn, also in your life, means "keeping on keeping on" when you are disappointed. In this case, fourteen years of disappointment.

I am not sure if I will write regular forecasts for Wednesday and Thursday. It is early in the day on Tuesday and I am depressed by the almost total non-reaction to my struggle to impart something about the new prince's chart. Millions of tweets, news reports, blogs, about the new prince, and only one astrologer (so far as I know), yours truly, who wrote something carefully about the new prince's horoscope, spending hours on it, and nobody cared. These reports go out to Twitter where I have more than a hundred followers. Nobody replied or said thank you or how interesting or maybe you are wrong or anything at all. Very very very depressing. 

What is depressing in your own life with the sun now square Saturn? What do you not want to keep doing which you know you ought to keep doing? It tends to be a crucial time; it happens four times a year (including the opposition and conjunction). 

Maybe because both the sun and moon were squared Saturn yesterday afternoon-evening when I posted all that information and insight about the new prince's horoscope, everybody was depressed and feeling "Why the hell should I care about some baby in London when I am facing x, y, and z?" Well, if that was what was happening, what can I say? It is perplexing.

Maybe you should read Chapter 13 of the Gospel of Matthew. It includes: "The disciples went up to him and asked,'Why do you speak to them in parables?' He replied, 'It has been granted to you to know the secrets of the kingdom of Heaven; but to those others it has not been granted. . . . They look without seeing, and listen without hearing or understanding. There is a prophecy of Isaiah which is being fulfilled for them: "You may hear and hear, but you will never understand; you may look and look, but you will never see. For this people's mind has become gross; their ears are dulled, and their eyes are closed. Otherwise their eyes might see, their ears hear, and their mind understand, and then they might turn again, and I would heal them."'"

Of course Cosmic Piper is not claiming to be a perfect oracle. From the beginning he has proclaimed this work as experimental, but he has labored to improve and perfect it and still labors to correct, improve, and perfect. That is worth something, I hope. It is all I know how to do. So those of you who struggle also to understand or use, somehow, what I struggle to say are vastly appreciated.

Matthew 13:35:
'I will open my mouth in parables;
I will utter things kept secret since the world was made.'

Psalm 39:5-7:
'Man, though he stands upright, is but a puff of wind,
he moves like a phantom;
the gains he piles up are no more than vapor,
he does not know who will enjoy them.
And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in thee.'

Matthew 13:51-52:
'"Have you understood all this?" he asked; and they answered, "Yes." He said to them, 'When, therefore, a teacher of the law has become a learner in the kingdom of Heaven, he is like a householder who can produce from his treasure both the new and the old."'

The kingdom of Heaven is, among other things, the kingdom of sacred astrology. The "teachers of the law" have not yet become learners in it. It is not the kingdom of Elizabeth, Charles, William, or an unnamed child. Yet only a child, said Jesus, can enter it.

{Wednesday} ~Learners in the Kingdom of Heaven~

Cosmic Piper


Thursday 25 July 2013

Sun in Leo, Assurance; Moon in Pisces, Love; Fortuna in 8, Regeneration

/moon goes void-of-course at 7:44a PT | 10:44a ET | 2:44p UT (until Friday afternoon)

~Feudin' and a-Fussin'~

The long-term patterns the planets form in space around our planet were put into seven classifications or "temperament types" by Marc Edmund Jones. I believe I have discovered an eighth--I have been studying it for several years and feel more and more confident that it is real. I call it the "vise" pattern (not vice)--it is a chart which has one empty square, the other ten planets close enough to one another so that no one of them is further away than a sextile with a 15-degree orb. The empty square has also a 15-degree orb. One uses larger orbs for these patterns in space than one would use for the sharpest aspects within a horoscope (ten degrees according to Ptolemy and Jones). 

And right now the planets are in a "vise" pattern, the determining square being that between Uranus and Jupiter. It will be with us perhaps for another three months, into October, although I have not studied that in detail, but it is certainly there now and will be for weeks to come. The only times it will disappear will be when the moon on its monthly course enters into the empty square. That will be in a few days when it is in the second half of Aries, Taurus, and Gemini. Then we will have a "splash" type of chart; then again on August 3 the vise. 

This particular vise formation with Jupiter and Uranus as the two sides of the vise which clench us is fascinating. I think if we try to understand it we will get a huge grip on things which the non-astrological world does not have. "There is a prophecy of Isaiah which is being fulfilled for them: 'You will hear and hear, but you will never understand . . . '"

Jupiter is the planet of ideas, of religion and philosophy, of idealism. Uranus rules innovation, newness, radicality, radicalness or radicalism, whatever is shocking or disturbing although not necessarily wrong. So this square has a great deal to do with politics and religion and advocacy and agitation and strong opinions which clash with other strong opinions. Now do you see perhaps what was pushing at me in yesterday's "forecast" which was more a statement of my position? Uranus is the planet of independence and freedom and "Yes I am right, by golly!" 

Since we are going to be in the grip of this vise for the rest of the summer, except for a few days each month (maybe I will point them out as we go along if that seems useful), it seems highly important to get a grip on that vise before it does something to us we don't want. Here goes.

I am going to quote shamelessly from other astrologers, two of the best who have written excellent books. First, Robert de Luce, on Jupiter square Uranus: "Unfavorable period of life for dealing with people of the learned professions. . . . It is an unfavorable time in life to promote or develop inventions, discoveries or original methods or processes." Note how I was complaining that my astrological discoveries and original methods are not getting sufficient support or notice. "It is well to avoid espousing or entangling oneself with reform movements or reformers, because the native may easily become fanatical, bigoted or over-zealous." I leave it to you to judge if Cosmic Piper is over-zealous! But this statement of Mr. DeLuce has special relevance for me, because on Sunday I attended a church I had never visited before, and the whole worship service and the sermon were to me "fanatical, bigoted, or over-zealous" in a political sense. The service was geared toward activism. Now the purpose and cause of the activism may have been just fine, but the way in which it was presented seemed to me "over-zealous." Also, perhaps, bigoted, although purportedly it was directed against bigotry. So we have the situation: "You are a bigot!" "No, you are the bigot!" and so on. We had this of course with the Zimmerman trial and that has not faded away. We have it with many other issues including gay-straight, and on and on. The sermon Sunday was directed toward rights for fat people, or the obese, and while that is fine with me, it seemed to me that the tone of it was "fanatical and overzealous, maybe even bigoted" as Mr. DeLuce pointed out in his book written decades ago.

Now, quite interestingly, I am considering going to a "pub theology" group that same church is having tonight. I can imagine what will happen. "What do you do?" "I am Cosmic Piper." "Who is that?" "An astrologer and a prophet." "Is it profitable?" And so on. "I am a Christian astrologer." "There is no such thing." And on and on. Do I look forward to this? Am I really going tonight? I am not sure. The moon is and will be void-of-course. It could be a stunning pointless argument or a pub brawl.

Now from dear Isabel Hickey (her book Astrology, a Cosmic Science): "Jupiter square Uranus: Conflict between the 'status quo' and the desire for freedom and independence. Apt to be strong-willed. Judgment not always sound. Has the same liberal and religious outlook as the trine and conjunction but is more direct, forceful and expressive in promulgating their ideas. Needs to cultivate patience and forethought, for their reflexes are fast and their minds keen. Are apt to be impatient and irritable with the slower thinking individual. Needs to use discrimination where choice of friends are concerned. . . . "  Indeed! In a broad way, Uranus is a planet of friends, ruling Aquarius, the natural 11th house, and when square Jupiter, ruling the 9th house, the friends have a lot of religious or philosophic or political issues to face or to fight out. 

Sound like fun for the summer? Well, there must be ways to deal with this more fruitfully, and let's look at those. Ideas are welcome. The whole purpose of these reports is to help us deal with what otherwise we would be helpless floundering around in. Meanwhile, I myself feel better already because I sense now what is going on and realize I need to "tone it down" or "cool it" a little more when dealing with "hot issues" or "button issues" which set people off. 

On Thursday the moon is void-of-course from the time given above, most of the day, so let us be calm and patient. Also the sun's square with Saturn is increasing. This can be severe challenge sometimes, or a feeling that one has failed, does not want to fail, and for sure is going to try not to fail again, come what may . . . that is, for the stalwart, of whom certainly you are one!

Or not, friend in controversy . . . 

{Thursday} ~Feudin' and a-Fussin'~

Cosmic Piper


1 comment:

  1. "stunningly pointless" - spot ON!

    PS: I saved the Prince's chart reading for a day when I have time to actually read it...I for one, am pleased you posted it.

    ReplyDelete