Saturday, January 30, 2016

Forecast for Weekend of January 30-31, 2016

Weekend of January 30-31, 2016

}Open to High Guidance{

Regular forecasts for these two days were not posted on Friday as usually. I attended a meeting of astrologers in this area at the Maggie A. Nalbandian Memorial Library in Kirkland, Washington. It took quite a while going and coming and was a long meeting-discussion. It's always good to "chew the fat" with fellow astrologers. But it left no time for me to do the regular reports.

For this weekend, I note two salient factors:  1. The moon is in the Via Combusta for the whole weekend (until sometime Monday morning--in late Libra on Saturday and early Scorpio on Sunday) and 2. We remain in the Dark Hermetic Epoch until February 14. I am feeling the combined effect of these two indications as follows:

The Via Combusta period can result in a "loss of morale" according to Marc Edmund Jones. Why? I think because we are asked for more than we can give, or required to live up to things which seem impossible, or are challenged to understand things we have never understood and require us almost to develop our brains and minds in new ways. This is disconcerting, and probably it is seldom that we are able to rise to the occasion. Of course, it is worse or more difficult during the Dark Hermetic Epoch. 

I felt this yesterday (Friday) in a big way. And it is still going on today and probably shall tomorrow (Sunday). For example, some business details I have been working on seemed hopelessly bogged down in confusion and possible loss on Friday. I see my way out of the impasse but not without minor loss, which is dispiriting. It was a great temptation to just complain or wail or shout out in anger "I don't deserve this." I tried to contain that feeling and say "God, I don't understand why I have to go through this, but if it be your will, I shall learn what I can from the experience and then carry on as best I may." 

Then at the astrology meeting, there was some of the same. Nice friendly people, and yet our ways of speaking about our astrological awareness and experience often seemed not very meaningful to one another. We narrowly escaped arguing vociferously about certain things, by being diplomatic, but there was an undercurrent of dissatisfaction, or a feeling that one was not able to get one's own viewpoint, experience or wisdom across to the others. "Loss of morale" fits it pretty well.

The other way Marc Edmund Jones describes the moon's monthly void-of-course period is "a cosmic reshuffling." This always makes sense to me at these times, and especially during a Dark Hermetic Epoch. You might say that "the rug is pulled out from under me." It feels like that often. Now what do I do? It is a sort of "lost" feeling. One might suggest that the entire "Lost" TV series of a few years ago (I wonder how many are revisiting that? I haven't) was performed and recorded during a Via Combusta period. Of course that cannot have been true literally, but symbolically.

So if you are feeling some of that this weekend, you are not alone.

What is the solution? I can only put it in terms which make sense to me and cannot guarantee that it will coincide with your viewpoint: 

Give up to the Highest. He knows best. Or She knows best if you worship the Divine Shakti or Para Prakriti known as The Mother (in the teaching of Sri Aurobindo). This does not mean being utterly passive but attempting to understand what He, She, or That is requiring of you which you have not yet been able to understand or perform. Then you can go ahead and try your best. Feeling gratitude for what you have and ways in which you have been protected, when you feel loss, or lack of protection or guidance, is very helpful. 

In Judaeo-Christian terms, here is this from Psalm 32: (From the disciple to the Lord, verse 7:) "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble."

(From the Lord to the disciple, verse 8:) "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."

Memorizing and repeating these has helped me today.

{Saturday and Sunday} {Open to High Guidance}

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment