Wednesday, May 18, 2016

~Exploring Profitability or Philanthropy~

Thursday 19 May 2016

~Exploring Profitability or Philanthropy~

Moon in Scorpio
< Moon in the Via Combusta (until Friday morning) ** <

It appears we could be more optimistic, and have a stronger sense of direction, than yesterday. "Make the best of it" is a good slogan when some things seem bleak, because there are always other portions of the situation which are better, as definite consolation.  

The nature of the Via Combusta, combined with Mercury retrograde, was made evident to me yesterday when a member of the Yahoo group getting these forecasts wrote about the suicide of a friend's husband within the last two weeks. Her letter, showing that it was strongly on her mind, and its incidence into my consciousness, occurred during this particular 2.5-day Via Combusta segment, though the suicide was earlier. Also, last night I unexpectedly viewed several episodes of a TV series filled with violence, not my usual TV fare, but I have to admit the writers and directors of the series were clever enough to "get me" in that addictive mode--you just have to click "next episode" to see what is going to happen. Addicting viewers like that is an art form, and I admire those who can do it even though, in this case, I despair over the violence depicted in the series. It holds me not because of the ugliness but because of the healing which occurs, and the bonds which form among the characters, and their growth in wisdom. But one reason I watched more than the usual amount last night is the Via Combusta which, as the name suggests, can be a violent portion of the zodiac--and of course in the series there were in fact fires as well as other forms of destruction. The Burning Way is something we seem to have an appetite for sometimes--just to know that we can get through it, I guess. Of course, that is far easier vicariously in a TV series! We imagine, at least, that our identification with the plights and triumphs of the characters strengthens us. I hope so.

We have discussed frequently the long-term Grand Trine in earth signs, including three planets in Taurus the quintessential money sign, as relating to our individual attempts to make sense of or organize our finances and income. I hope that may be going well for you. It has been tough for me but seems somehow promising, which is the nature of the Grand Trine. It offers promises one can believe in, whether or not they really materialize. And so at least that inspiration can motivate one to get things--probably including finances and income sources--in better order. That could be specially true today with the moon in Scorpio and in good aspect with Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto. Of course it could be slow, and include much backtracking, with Mercury remaining retrograde. That does not mean it is futile.

Venus beginning to oppose Mars (with the sun as her companion) is not something I relish. It is often an "arm's length" aspect in connection with relationships. "Don't bother me. I love you but you are in my way right now." And so on. Or, "I love you but I have these other pressing things to do and you don't seem to understand them and so I need to have space and time apart from you." And so on. If it is not that, then it becomes what seems almost the opposite, but not in a smooth way--an attempt to interfere with someone else's life or impose oneself into it, rather than pull apart, but in a way which rankles or upsets the other person. As for the positive and creative side of the aspect, we have until May 31, or twelve days, to find that out. Let's try. Perhaps: "I love you but recognize that we have serious differences so I want to have a truce with you while we each explore our own ways of doing things while respecting the other's ways. Let's be objective and fair with each other rather than try to be extremely close for these twelve days."

And of course that would apply not just to close relationships but also to casual friendships and business associations. 

Meanwhile we can cultivate individual good fortune, a la the Grand Trine expounded above. Beyond that, it could be cultivating good fortune for others--if one is a philanthropist. I am always astounded by the goodness in the people I read about in the Christian Science Monitor Weekly's "People Making a Difference" section. They plunge into the darkest and most-suffering segments of humanity with good will and persistence, to find ways to ameliorate their lot and help them find their way. No doubt many of these angelic individuals are doing just that during this Grand Trine episode--while perhaps reviewing and revamping their approaches to make them even more effective.

{Thursday} ~Exploring Profitability or Philanthropy~

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment