Thursday, December 10, 2015

Important Explanation! Christmas Lecture! And Friday forecast

Friday 11 December 2015

Important Explanation! Christmas Lecture! 

Moon in Sagittarius-->Capricorn   ** |
New Moon of Sagittarius occurs at 2:30a PT | 5:30a ET | 10:30a UT
/moon goes void-of-course at 8:07a PT | 11:07a ET | 5:07p UT  * / |
|Karmically difficult or sobering third| of this week ends at 3:07p PT | 6:07p ET | 11:07p UT   ** /
Moon (no longer void) enters Capricorn at 10:48p PT | 1:48a(Sa) ET | 6:48a(Sa) UT   ***

It's another void-of-course day, so it is wise to hold to basic necessities. And then, when you can, let yourself experience life as freedom, rather than press on with high ambitions into fresh territory. Simplicity may be a key.

I mentioned in earlier forecasts how it appears that Saturday and Sunday could be excellent days, with at least very good lunar aspects in the first days of a New Moon, so whatever you feel you can't do today may be ready to pop then.  

That may be the summation of the forecasts for those two days because my Friday is going to be pre-empted by difficult necessities and I am not sure if I will have time to write forecasts for Saturday and Sunday. I will try at least to post the lunar data as usual.

Explanation (Christmas Lecture!) 

I was rather harsh yesterday in my post titled "Who is Ready?" I did not intend to be insulting, but as I re-read the mini-essay today it did seem to be that. 

Yet I was really insulting myself, or being hard on myself. I wrote it about "you" but I was thinking of myself and lecturing myself. 

The explanation is simple. (It helps to enumerate things): 

1. As I get older I also get more concerned about what my life means and what I have done with it. 

2. The spiritual teachers I believe in and have "vetted" for decades and trust are all, in my recent reading of them, insisting on the need for purity, egolessness, universality, and dedication to high goals--ultimately, dedication to the Supreme One. Selfless consecration. 

3. That is rather scary. How do I measure up? Not very well, in my own estimation.

4. I also note, recently, that articles in the press are indicating how self-deluded many, if not a majority, seem to be about several matters, such as incurring too much debt ($129,000 for the average household, which was hard for me to "credit") while eating too much and getting unhealthily obese. 

5. I also note the triviality of too much of popular culture on the Internet and elsewhere. Are we babies or five-year-olds who want nothing but callow entertainment? Where are ideals, aspirations, high aims? Does the absence of G*d in the popular mind mean we have lost our moorings?

6. Therefore I feel impatient with myself and the human race. I am not a total idiot or a delinquent or "miserable sinner," I hope, but I can be rather slack and self-indulgent. I seem to be failing to write the books which I always thought I would have to write to make myself and my vision known. 

7. Therefore my "tirade," if such it was, was directed more at myself although it was addressed to you. 

8. The reason I said, apparently with condescension or contempt, that "you will probably not succeed in living a spiritual life," or words to that effect, is that, among other things, no one has ever, in all of my life, said to me "Oh yes, your testimony about Jesus has led me to read the Gospels and now I understand Him better," or "Your recommendation of the Sabian teachings of Marc Edmund Jones has changed my life," or "Yes, I took your advice and am reading Sri Aurobindo and he is awesome beyond belief!" Those are words I have longed to hear for decade after decade and I do not hear them. That is a major reason why I said: "I am sorry that it will take you so many future lifetimes to do what you could do in this lifetime if you would credit what I just said. I write this in order to help you awaken earlier. But there is absolutely no guarantee that you will do that, and I have serious doubts that you will."

9. That lament of mine goes along with what Grant Lewi, the amazing astrologer, said about me many years before I was born, in his book Heaven Knows What: He said it about anyone born with the sun in Aries and moon in Pisces: "You express readily, having a facile flow of language, and you have a conviction that you know the truth of many matters which for some reason or other you cannot get across to your associates. This is a Cassandra-like position--a prophet who is very likely to be right but can't make anyone believe him." That, in two sentences, seems to sum up the story of my life. (Thank you, Grant Lewi, for understanding.)

10. Yet those of you reading this, by definition, are in fact those who have listened to me, read my reports, and tried to understand and benefit by them. I thank you deeply for that. It means a lot to me, and so you are not the ones I meant to insult or berate in what I said yesterday. I really wanted to awaken you, the human race and myself to the fact of all the effort we have still to make to live really good lives. It does not seem easy and I am feeling the difficulty of it more and more. And hoping that it is not too late for me. Or for you.

11. Yet there are promising signs in the culture. Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett, as well as Jimmy Carter and many more, are men (and there are as many or more women) who after attaining business and financial success realized there was something more to do--to try and improve the world which gave them their success, to give something of lasting value back to it. Young people, also, seem to be idealistic these days (although not, unfortunately, in the philosophical sense of "idealism"), or aspire to "save the world" through action or activism or living good lives. That indeed is promising. An article I read today says that some of those in the youngest, still "unnamed" generation (high school and younger) want to be called The Founders. That sounds impressive. 

12. I believe there are times when we can give ourselves slack and "have a good time" and drop our worries about the world and what we could do to improve things. Thank Heaven, or the Supreme One, for that. But I feel I tend to take too much advantage of those times rather than focus on what I was born to do. There is impatience in the current Mars-opposite-Uranus aspect. It can be a violent impatience, as in terrorist acts, or an idealistic impatience, but it does not want to give anyone, or ourselves, any slack. "Get this done" is the imperative, as it is felt. There is nothing wrong with that. I do apologize if what I said yesterday was arrogant or condescending or insulting. It was my struggle to come to grips with what I just put in these twelve points which got me agitated. I expressed my feelings as best I could at that moment.

Meanwhile there are the daily forecasts--or commentaries on the daily planetary aspects and positions--which I feel it is my mission to provide, and I hope to carry on with that for those of you who find it either helpful or interesting. I like the ongoing process of trying to understand things afresh each day, and I think some of you do also. I hope it will not prevent me from writing books, but so far it has been very time-consuming and is my only possibly valid excuse for not writing those books. We shall see.

Hugh
Cosmic Piper 

No comments:

Post a Comment