Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekend of October 23-24, 2010

Important Research Accomplished

Unexpectedly, I was thrown, by a request for some astrological help, into a "research mode" as has been characteristic of my life for many years. This took up almost every waking minute from Friday afternoon, when ordinarily I would have written the weekend forecast, until now, Saturday mid-afternoon. It has been an enormously fruitful day of reviewing and testing all my basic procedures for the forecasts, especially for weekly forecasts, which I have not been using here very much. The daily forecasts have been researched and re-researched and re-re-researched to a point where I feel I know pretty much how to do them, that is, on the technical side, although putting what I see into words is the hard part. The weekly forecasts, which I have not been writing here but hoped to write, and tried for a while, have been a bigger problem, using a longer-term arrangement of the planetary motions and interrelations than the daily charts. It seems I have arrived at something quite definite as of today, based on past research re-studied. It was a matter of selecting out from the methods I had tested and found to work---I threw out dozens which failed in test---the ones which work best in the most cases, using of course past events in others' lives and my own to test them.

I am pretty much exhausted by this non-stop effort. It was exhilarating yet eventually tiring. In the process I tested one method which has had good and yet spotty success in the past, and finally, after spending hours on it, decided that although it does work to some degree it does not work as well as other methods and probably ought to be dropped, either permanently or for the time being. I try to use Occam's Razor, the notion that one should not multiply factors beyond what is necessary. A great deal is necessary, however!

So, the upshot is that although I will not write a weekend report this time, I hope that I will be armed with tools to write an even better one next weekend, perhaps focusing on the difference between the week ending and the one beginning. It does appear that the ancients were right to make Sunday the first day of the week and Saturday the final day. It appears to be a transition day between the two weeks, partaking somewhat of the nature of both, which might be an esoteric reason for it being the Hebrew Sabbath.

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment