Sunday, April 17, 2016

Forecast for Monday 18 April 2016

Monday 18 April 2016

\Intermittent Escape into Beauty/

Moon in Virgo   ** |
|Karmically difficult or sobering third| of this week continues until Tuesday morning
/moon goes void-of-course at 5:30a PT | 8:30a ET | 12:30p UT   * / |

Some of you may feel I overemphasize the Dark Hermetic Epochs (which have a resonance, almost to being the same, as the Mercury Retrograde period at the center of each). However, in order to help you navigate these periods I dwell on some of the things I personally face during them, so you can see by parallel what is going on in your own situation. I seriously hope it helps:

1. On Saturday I decided to use a new Light Rail system to go to the University of Washington area. This purportedly would make my journey there quicker and easier. Instead, I found that it was a disaster. It is really a subway--I had to walk down four flights of stairs and then take a steep escalator to get there--and the cars swayed as widely and traveled as slowly or more slowly than NYC subway cars. Is this up to standard? When I got to the station, I realized that it was a half hour walk from my goal, so I would have had to take a bus for the rest of the journey. In other words, my travel time was increased rather than decreased, in addition to the indignity of descending into the earth down flights of stairs. Not only that--the incursion of this "better" system means that one of the bus routes I use to get to the same area, the best one for me, has been reduced from an every-20-minutes schedule to and every-hour schedule. Here is a DHE experience for sure. Just think of all the "re" words. Rescheduling, reprocessing, reorganizing. I am going to have to take a whole set of different buses now to get to that area, which I visit frequently, and the journey will usually be longer and with more changes of bus. This is just one example, in my situation, of what goes on during these periods. You will notice that something similar is happening, or shall soon, in your situation. Maybe a highway change or detour. Maybe a change in a parking situation. Maybe, as for me, differing bus, train or airline schedules. Maybe just deciding to go places you have never been or doing out-of-pattern local travel, which can be interesting or annoying depending on the day, hour, and other factors in your life. 

2. After the exhausting half-hour walk through an area of the campus I had never been before--which was "out of pattern" and mildly interesting but annoying--I was ready to relax in one of my favorite restaurants. I sat near the window. Just after starting to enjoy myself a worker opened the window and I was uncomfortably cold. End of world? Hardly, but I was not happy. I moved to the back of the place and sat at the bar. Since no one had asked me about the window, I did not inform the waitress of my decision. They figured it out. Then, at the bar, I was treated to the conversation of a young man and woman about a series of novels she is writing. This was mixed with discussions of the early life of the young man, for which he was apologetic and of which the woman was psychologically analytic. I did not eavesdrop, and do not know the details, for I was trying to read important spiritual information on my phone. But these sorts of long conversations--I believe they had been at it for an hour and it showed no signs of stopping when I left--"Another drink please"--are very typical of the Dark Hermetic Epoch. The "Dark" here is suggestive of dreams. The dreams of the woman's novel, and those of the man's past, were being mixed together and analyzed or celebrated endlessly. It's called chewing the fat, or the cud; it is REminiscence and sometimes REmonstrance and sometimes REthinking or REcanting or REviewing. Just as in the Mercury REtrograde period. You will find yourself and others doing it a great deal in the coming weeks (the end of the DHE is June 7). 

3. On a happy note, this Sunday morning I found myself happily, peacefully, even blissfully remembering some happenings and scenes I enjoyed with my relatives many years ago. It was is if they were right there. I had to do some repair work which my Dad had taught me as a youth and I said "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how to do this." Then he was right there. So were my mother, a little later, and my Aunt Ruth. It was a beautiful REminiscence of an exalted sort, as if I were with them in a semi-heaven world. These sorts of blissful remembrances may come to you in coming weeks.

4. Also, with or without such experiences, we can, in meditative states--just sitting or standing--feel that we are poised above everything. This is a sort of silence of the mind combined with a beyond-the-mental perception of "the fitness of things" in the light of eternity. I hope some such reassuring realizations will be coming to all of us. 

For Monday, despite the moon being void-of-course as well as |the challenging third|, Venus is in a strong position and trine Saturn, plus the Part of Fortune in the 5th sector of romance or entertainment, so "escape into beauty" becomes a theme of the day insofar as you become free of necessary tasks, which of course ought not to be neglected. Whatever offers you an escape into beauty, tangibly or intangibly, could be food for your soul.

{Monday} /Intermittent Escape into Beauty\

Cosmic Piper

P. S. Today I tweeted this:  VividHugh ‏@VividHugh  
The fear of the Lord--the beginning of wisdom--means that we need to realize that we ought to be worthy of His gifts.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the examples Of DHE. And i look forward to finding that beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the examples Of DHE. And i look forward to finding that beauty...

    ReplyDelete