Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday and Thursday, 21-22 January 2015: Psychopompos

Wednesday and Thursday, 21-22 January 2015

~Psychopompos~

The lunar phenomena and star rating for each day have been given already in the previous Nine Days post.

I am feeling and pondering the Mercury Retrograde phenomenon, which began this morning (Wednesday) at 7:55a PT | 10:55a ET | 3:55p UT. It is intensely spiritual, for me, and for all who tune in to it deeply. 

And I have given up on trying to convince those who "do not believe" in astrology or in Mercury retrograde as having any bearing on anything. Let them remain in the dark. It is a Dark Hermetic Epoch anyway, always, when Mercury is retrograde, and people are allowed to conceal from themselves whatever they choose to conceal.

It is said that Hermes (Mercury) was Psychopompos, the Guide of the Souls to the Underworld after death. He can take on this role during the Dark Hermetic Epoch. A friend in a prayer group told us Monday of his mother's troubles, and that he felt she might be near death. He asked us to pray. I did, Tuesday night especially, and then at 2 in the morning when I awakened, and then at 7-8 in the morning of Wednesday when Mercury turned retrograde, and again during the day. I felt something positive and strong happening, and my friend's mother's presence (though I had never met her). Then, a couple hours ago, on the group's Facebook page the friend reported that his mother had passed on this afternoon--a few hours after Mercury turned retrograde. Mercury or Hermes was indeed for her the Psychopompos.

Yes, we are closer to death while Mercury is retrograde and during the whole Dark Hermetic Epoch. This is not bad. It can be very constructive. There is also a Remedy for Death--for Christians, Christ their Lord. And He is my Redeemer. It is fascinating how all the "re" words take on life during the Dark Hermetic Epoch and the re-trograde period. Christ Jesus is our Remedy and our Redeemer. So might Mercury or Hermes be to a pagan or an ancient Greek, or perhaps a modern who wishes to revisit the Greek gods and goddesses. Some do. 

This morning, while praying for my friend and his mother, there was an enormous ruckus on the roof above me. I live on the top floor of an apartment building--call it a penthouse if you wish! (Such luxury.) And workmen who seem not to know at all what they are doing have been pounding the roof and rocking the whole building for four months. I will not try to explain what they think they are doing but it seems as if my ceiling is ready to cave in at various times. 

Today rather than submit passively to this I confronted the foreman and asked him what the h... was going on. He said "I don't know, I'll go up and see." And later I was informed that the owners of the building and the construction foreman would have a meeting on Friday for residents to try to explain to us "what the h..." is going on. It has been four months of chaos for all of us.

I did not plan this confrontation but could not resist it . . . it "had to be." It bubbled up from inside me. Sometimes the Mercury Retrograde period is Remedial--there had to be a remedy for this ridiculous chaos the residents have been subjected to. 

On the day before I had informed the same foreman that on the weekend during a huge wind storm some of their equipment on the roof had been blowing around, bumping around, making horrendous noises like an earthquake through the night. Dark Hermetic Epoch indeed. He was not pleased, yet found the information useful and was not unappreciative. Some things have to be corrected during a Mercury Retrograde period. (And hidden in that word "correction" is another "re".)

The "scientists" who want statistical proof that things are different during the Mercury Retrograde period had rather look into their own lives and souls to find the evidence. That is the only place they will find it definitively. Astrology is a spiritual and phenomenological science first, a statistical one (if ever) second. 

Good things can happen during these periods. People review their lives and decide to remedy things. Another friend told me tonight that he had stopped drinking for a week. That is wonderful because he has been a heavy drinker for many years, in fact an alcoholic by some definitions. I believe this has to do with Saturn squaring Neptune together with the Dark Epoch, for Saturn is control and Neptune can be alcohol and drugs.

That aspect played a role in my other friend's mother's passing also because many of her problems stemmed from a lifetime of drug misuse, according to the friend. And that is sad, and I hope she is in a place where things are more peaceful for her. If so, I believe the prayers of the group helped her to find it. And so a prayer group might be an assistant to Hermes the Psychopompos.

A Christian prayer group of course would believe that its Saviour is the real Psychopompos.

Enough for now, I am trying to give you an intuitive understanding of some of the less obvious things that can be going on during a Dark Hermetic Epoch and especially the Mercury Retrograde cycle within it (this time, January 21 through February 10). It can be a very deep, transformative time for a spiritual seeker.

{Wednesday and Thursday}  ~Psychopompos~

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment