Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thursday-Friday, 22-23 January 2015

Thursday-Friday 22-23 January 2015

~Spare the Alarms~

The world seems to be going crazy. Political turmoil in Yemen. King Abdullah has died. One of the teams playing in the coming Superbowl is accused of deflating footballs used in their latest game and people are calling it Deflategate! This afternoon I watched the Jim Rickards video on "The Death of Money" threatening a new huge financial crash and long-lasting depression. While watching it a friend called and told me of "terminator" machines everywhere which could bring about an apocalypse (he used that word). 

I do not necessarily take the Rickards threat of a huge economic crash seriously but may investigate it further. 

But all this--especially the word "terminator"--fits in perfectly with the Mercury Retrograde period now upon us, and its reputation as the time when the Psychopompos, Hermes or Mercury, takes souls into the Underworld.

No, I am not an alarmist! Sad to say, people can get worked up over imaginary crises when Mercury is retrograde. I hope the Jim Rickards warning is one of them. 

At a more personal level: And trivial I might add: This morning I could not find a food item I had bought, in the refrigerator, and so went out to buy it. I could not understand where it had gone unless the "sometime thief" Mercury had taken it. Then when I returned with the item freshly purchased, I saw that it was already there in the refrigerator although I had wrapped it in different packaging and so had not recognized it before.

Then, a lady in a payroll office in Peoria, Illinois sent me an email for a Hugh Higgins who is not me, about problems with accounting for one of his employees.I kindly informed her that she wanted a different H. H. and she thanked me, only to send me, a little later, the same email again.  

Then I found that the workers in my kitchen had put gummy stuff on the floor for new tiling, but not yet the tiling, and had cordoned off the kitchen, but left the window wide open so that it was getting cold and would get very cold in the evening. So I had to call the building superintendent, who called the foreman, who finally came to my kitchen and closed the window himself--I could have done it of course but did not want to step on the gummed-up floor. 

What other adventures await me as I try to get to an evening meeting I cannot imagine, but I shall press on.
A lot of time-wasting today is typical of the Mercury Retrograde period.

How is that going for you?

Saturn sextile the sun by one degree shows that basically people are keeping their heads through all this. There can be errors of judgment, but fairly quick recovery. 

Secret or covert investment schemes may appeal to many while Mars in Pisces is sextile Pluto in Capricorn. Whether they are sound is a question--Saturn squared to Mars, Neptune and Venus does not bode well for that, especially when Mercury is retrograde. Holding tight with one's money, or leaving it where it is, might be smart, unless indeed you are involved with something very risky you need to get out of. 

The moon is void-of-course all day (see the Nine Days report previously published) so it is good to stay on schedule with routines before seizing on welcome relief. V-C plus MR suggest confusion, but if you turn that in happy directions it could be relief from drudgery through "out-of-pattern" activities. I hope they will be enjoyable.

{Friday} ~Spare the Alarms~

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment