Saturday, August 12, 2017

Additional Message for this Weekend of August 12-13, 2017

Saturday, August 12, 2017  9:05 PM

So much!  I am so tired of computer glitches. So tired of human glitches, some of them my own. But the impersonal ones are worse and more horrendous. I am pretty competent. Programmers are not.

Looking for a perfect formula for the daily charts in astrology is a fascinating project. I have been at it since 1978,  at the latest, when I enlisted to be the writer for the Guides for the twelve signs in Astrology Guide Magazine. I took the name of the magazine very seriously and dedicated the project to G*d, the Supreme Lord of All, including our solar system and the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the twelve tribes of the zodiac. 

I tried as best I knew how.

I tried to be ethical. That is not easy when one is writing for a popular magazine and has to please the readers and editors and publishers in order to sell it. Preaching the Ten Commandments in every daily guide would not sell the magazine.

But one can keep the Commandments in mind as one's backdrop when writing, and try to say nothing which contraicts God's edicts.

Not easy.

Now I am free to write what I want, since I am not asking for money, and yet of course I want to say things which will keep my readers interested and reading. The gain is not money but vanity. 

Thus we have the term "vanity press," the press which is not "commercial" but trades on the vanity of the writer who is willing to pay for his work to be published rather than get paid for it.

I do not pay, in financial terms, but I pay in terms of sweat, blood and tears. It is not easy to write something daily for which one gets no recompense except, on some days, a few "likes' on Facebook.

But I keep at it because I believe in what I am doing. I researched these methods for the daily reports over a period of forty years, formally, and fifty years informally. If I am not prepared to call myself Cosmic Piper, who is? I invite your response.

And I continue the research. I have expanded my methods over the past few days, based on unflinchingly realistic and critical assessments of my daily reports over the past few weeks. I felt that they were inadequate and tried to find methods to improve them. I think that I have, but only you can determine whether I have failed or succeeded.

{Sunday}  ^Cosmic Piper's Lament and Prospectus^

P. S. The formal forecast fo Sunday has already been posted. I hope you find it meaningful. I always hope that my next forecast will be better than the former one, but "the moving finger writes, and, having writ, moves on . . . "

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment