Thursday, June 29, 2017

Message for Friday 30 June 2017

Friday 30 June 2017

}Seeking Ardently, Finding Peaceably{

Moon in Libra

|Karmically serious third| of this week continues until 3:55p PT | 6:55p ET | 10:55p UT

It's a "tight" day. That means that one feels pressured to get things done within a time limit.

There does not seem a lot of latitude for laziness. Sorry about that because it's a Friday.

If you slack off too much you'll feel you're getting behind.

Travel may be on people's minds, but the complications are off-putting.

Study and communication may be better. How much of our lives are consumed by words? Well, rather than let ourselves be consumed by the words, let's be "on top of" the words and use them rather than letting them use us. How to do that is an individual discovery. 

I have known so many writers, and read so many books, and spent so many hours in classes, that I sometimes start to feel that we are all imprisoned by words, sentences, paragraphs, chapters, books, libraries! How do we get out?

Or tweets! 

Maybe the tweets are even more imprisoning than the books. They are like close-fitting bars on our word-cage while books have larger openings.

I write all this because today's chart has 8 planets and sensitive points within the third and ninth houses, which are the "mental" houses--lower mind and higher mind. This is words, words, words, but also concepts, ideas, understandings--which seem somehow to use words rather than be utterly totally dependent upon them. (That is philosophy and philosophers argue about such things forever and still never agree.) How much can you understand without words? What about music? Does it constitute wordless understanding or comprehension?

If you have now gone away from your computer or phone to listen to some music, I wouldn't blame you. Have a nice wordless day.

Or if you're still here . . . you must be addicted.

For example, I saw today on Facebook that a friend was "interested" in the opening of a new phase of the Pike Street Market downtown. I thought I would go there this afternoon, since it is a very nice white-clouds-and-sunshine day. But as the time approached for me to leave, I realized I have so many words to write, including these, and letters, and words to read--studying astrology, philosophy--keeping up with "things"--that taking a few hours out of my day to relate to the "real world" of Pike Street Market might just sap my energy and leave me unfulfilled. Tomorrow? No, I won't have time.

And so I am learning to know what it must be like to be in prison. Except, of course, for the all-important fact that my imprisonment is voluntary.

I pray for prisoners every day. 

As for Friday, we need more words to describe it:

Simple and persistent effort against obstacles is required. Cutting down a tree. (We love trees and protect them now, except when we are reading words and words on paper made from them, but we need to remember how pioneers had to cut down trees just for land to live on and to build their houses. That is what the "man felling a tree with an axe" is about. I think the trees forgave those people, or found fulfillment in being made into a house.)

There can be willfulness and aggressiveness, "What I can get is my own." Moon square the sun and Mars, plus Saturn and Pluto on the other side. (Saturn by the large 15 degree orb because we are still in the |karmically serious third|.) Let's not forget about love, the constancy of the soul's seeking for a mate or at least a companion. (To accommodate monks, yogis, bachelors and widows I add "Perhaps an invisible mate or companion.")

We wonder if we have been cut off from everyone or everything worthwhile. Maybe we just need to keep on developing and making potent our latent skills. Rather than "I am missing something," "I am making something." We also make provision for others, just by being who we are, "A hen scratching for her chicks." This could include a male CEO who is providing products and services for customers as well as jobs for workers. He is a "hen" in that regard.

Happier indications for the day are with us as well, a lightness of heart, integrity, competence, fruitfulness. There can be domestic peace, tolerance, concord, childlikeness. This lives in and through the more difficult matters already discussed. We discover and manifest the easygoing, carefree life through struggle and toil. That is a paradox with which we are all somehow familiar.

{Friday} {Seeking Ardently, Finding Peaceably}

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment