Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Forecast for Wednesday 3 February 2016

Wednesday 3 February 2016

^Recovering and Carrying On^

Moon in Sagittarius
|Karmically challenging or sobering third| of this week continues all day (until late Thursday evening)   **

This is late. I ought not to use the planets as an excuse--that is one temptation within astrology which made it somewhat odious to many religious and strait-laced ethical people over the centuries. "I can't do this because Saturn is squaring my Mars" or some other excuse. It is true that a misapplication of astrology can be a character flaw if it is used to excuse one's own failings. 

Still, we see what we see, and often during the |karmically difficult or sobering third| of each week we do fail at various things, or the odds against success seem much higher. That means we either have to try harder, or accept defeat gracefully. I for one find that knowing about these periods helps enormously. I envision a time when people gathering at the water cooler during a break will chat like this: "That square of the moon and Saturn is disrupting everything I've been trying to do" and so on. And then, try again.

That time is not yet and you can consider yourself blessed for being able to read Cosmic Piper before the general public has a clue about what is going on.

I felt ill this morning. As I write, the conjunction of moon and Saturn is nearly exact--no, I just looked, it is exact at this very minute! And I am actually feeling a little better, partly because I know about it. But before that I had a pretty terrible morning, feeling annoyed with various things and knowing I had brought some of it on myself by overeating and overdrinking the night before. Then an odd thing happened: For the first time ever my coffeemaker produced a pot of coffee which was only lukewarm! I was worried that it was a goner, but then the second cup was nice and hot. Strange, but Saturn from ancient times has been considered to be the planet of cold. It was today for my coffeemaker. Very peculiar. 

So I took a nice warm bath and that went well, I am happy to say. And I prayed and chanted a mantra in my mind and that really really helped.

We need to hold on to our spiritual foundations at these times. If you have not found a mantra or prayer which really works for you, I encourage you to do that.

It's also a day when the presidential candidates are probably not feeling very "up" about their campaigns. One, Ron Paul, dropped out today just before the Luna-Saturn conjunction and I am sorry to see him go. We need a strong anti-war candidate, and he was it. (I am getting to be almost an isolationist when it comes to wars in the Muslim world. We need to protect our own, and that is all.) 

Neither the Clinton nor the Sanders campaigns can be happy over the virtual tie that confronted them Monday in Iowa. Of course, they carry on. Of course Donald Trump is not pleased, and Ted Cruz knows his prospects in New Hampshire are somewhat dim. 

The current |difficult third| goes on until late Thursday evening, but the center of it is today (Wednesday). However, just after the Luna-Saturn conjunction Luna became sextile the sun, always helpful, and that is why I am feeling much better (and incidentally the stock market has started to rise from its depressing descent this morning). (I hasten to add that this does not always happen.) 

So, we carry on with as much poise as we can summon.

{Wednesday} ^Recovering and Carrying On^

Cosmic Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment