Thursday, September 6, 2012

Astrological sidelights on the political conventions

I mentioned here that George Romney made his acceptance speech while the moon was in his sign, Pisces. I did not mention, because I did not notice until later, that his running mate Paul Ryan had made his speech while the moon was in his own sun-sign, Aquarius. Interesting.


I have said many things to many people and written accurate things in articles, but I hardly ever hear anyone say to me “Yes, you were right about that.” Hey guys, I am so tired of non-communication! You must sometimes notice that I am right about something. Couldn’t you have the human decency or grace to write to me and say “Hey Hugh, you were right about this particular thing” and tell me what, in your experience, confirmed my statement? It would be nice. I would appreciate it. I am writing this with no pay and giving it out because I believe in what I am doing. Once in a while, you might reciprocate by acknowledging that I said something which made sense to you. (And now I predict that the same people who have been loyal readers for years will reply. I know who they are, and they do not have to reassure me that they appreciate my work. Why don’t I ever hear from the rest of you? I know you read this by the figures I see. I am requesting that once in a while, maybe once a year, you tell me something you have gained from this blog. You must be gaining something or you would not be reading it.)


When the time for the Democratic Convention arrived a week later, the moon was not in the signs of Joe Biden and Barack Obama, it was in Taurus. But Venus entered Leo the very day Obama gave his acceptance speech, Thursday, and the moon at the very end of Taurus was sextile that planet. Interestingly, Venus was in the very last degree of Cancer the day before when Bill Clinton gave his excellent speech in support. Clinton is sun-sign Leo, as is Obama. Leo is of course the sign of the Lion, and the sign of the King. It is not an accident that these are two of our most popular presidents. For a long time astrologers have mentioned that they notice that the last or the last two degrees of a sign are “on the cusp” of the next sign and can sometimes appear to be that sign. So while Venus was “on the cusp” of Leo we heard from Clinton, and when it entered that sign we heard from Obama. Clinton mentioned his wife Hillary, of course, now Secretary of State, and Obama was accompanied at the end by his wife and two daughters (three Venuses to bless him when Venus had just entered his sign).


I did not listen to the Ryan and Romney speeches so shall not comment on them. But let me say that Ryan’s belief in Ayn Rand is fascinating in that the two of them are both Aquarians. It is also interesting that Ronald Reagan was an Aquarian. This is the sign which believes everyone has to make it on his own, the sign of Independence which is the Keyword of the planet Uranus which rules it (in the astrology of Marc Edmund Jones). So naturally in some Aquarian individuals it degenerates into the “dog-eat-dog” philosophy of Rand, Reagan and Ryan. With that I do not agree, but there are higher and better ways of being an Aquarian.


I will say of Romney only this: That as a Pisces, one of his faults could be indefiniteness, vagueness, “being on both sides of things,” and deception. This of course is what his critics accuse him of. There are much better possibilities to the sign Pisces, but I myself do not notice him manifesting them in any way which is convincing.


Joe Biden is Scorpio. His speech in support of Obama was “good” in a sense, but it was full of Scorpio tendencies and excesses. For one thing, it was the most military and militant speech I heard at the Convention. He kept saying “Look” before his sentences, as if he were directing people arrogantly, which is one fault of Scorpio, ruled by both Mars and Pluto. He glorified in the death of Osama bin Laden to a degree and in a way which made my stomach turn. It seemed bloodthirsty. And I noticed that while half the audience applauded those remarks, the other half were sitting on their hands. Democrats tend to be doves, after all. And at the end of his speech he invoked a blessing on the troops in his final words. Veterans’ Day, November 11, is in the month of Scorpio. It has always been regarded as a military sign by astrologers, since ancient times.


Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, is also Scorpio. It is fascinating that Obama as a Leo chose these two to be probably the two most important individuals in his Administration. There is a secret esoteric reason why these two signs need to work together on important matters, Leo and Scorpio. (Interestingly, Hillary and Bill are another Scorpio-Leo combination.) And I have seen this work out at amazing levels. If you want to know the secret, read the chapter in Paul Foster Case’s book The Tarot on Key 14, Temperance. It depicts the archangel Michael. Perhaps that great Angel is being invoked by Obama and Biden, and even more by Obama and Hillary.


That does not mean that I agree with Obama or Hillary or any politician about everything. They are fallible human beings. But it would appear that destiny is destiny.


Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment