Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Forecast for Thursday 8 April 2010

Thursday 8 April 2010

}Through Demanding Trivia to Prosperous Satisfaction{

In case you don't know what the Dark Hermetic Epoch (April 4 through May 27) is about, let me narrate some of my experiences from yesterday and today (Tuesday and Wednesday):

Yesterday I made some transactions by telephone, and was misinformed about them. I had to call back twice to get, finally, correct information, and by then had wasted probably a half hour or more in fruitless bypaths. This was someone else's human error which wasted my time and caused worries I needn't have suffered at all. This is typical of the Dark Epoch (Mercury going slow and then retrograde and then slow again until this cycle ends).

Then in the afternoon I went grocery shopping. That was relatively normal. However, on the way I made a wrong turn (going a different way than usual so I didn't know the territory) and had to drive through a rocky parking lot and turn around; while doing so I saw a police car and a police officer emerging from a port-o-potty. Peculiar; not an everyday sight. When I got back on the highway and turned in to the grocery store, I used an entrance I had never used before and saw that the parking lines were going the wrong way so I had to drive to the end, turn around and come back to park. (Turning around, Mercury retrograde, that is, backward, although it is not retrograde yet but shall be before long and we are NOW in the dark or "slow" epoch). I had to turn around twice (in the other parking lot and this one) just to get to the grocery store. I was parked behind the store in a place I had never been before, not in the front. All this is trivia, perhaps, but typical of the "little things" which go backward at these times. It can be a subtle drain on time and energy.

It's not over yet. I drive home and find that someone, for the first time ever, has parked his or her car (a blue Mazda) in my officially assigned parking space. I had to park in someone else's space to unload my groceries. Then, not able to leave my car there, I talked with landlord agents and found that the police would not help on private property but I could put a notice on the car threatening it with being towed away. Then I had to park my own car in the visitor's parking section. I looked out my window an hour later and saw that the blue Mazda invader had finally left my space. I had to put my shoes back on, go back downstairs, and move my car again. All this back-and-forth conversation and starting and re-starting of my car and going in and out the building took nearly an hour of my time. Another human error (or transgression, in this case, since the "no parking" is clearly visible) of another human being causing me annoyance and delay. Again, very typical of the Dark Epoch.

During all this we were suffering strange, weird, eerie, howling winds, cold and damp, unusual for this area. Do you remember that I said during the Dark Epoch even the weather tends to be strange, off-center, unusual, peculiar, disturbing? (Not every day, thank heaven.) While I was engaged in parking and re-parking and re-re-parking my car a fellow resident (who seemed inebriated) walked past and I told him my story. He told me that these strange winds seemed like the winds of Caspar, Wyoming where he had lived, and that that city has one of the highest suicide rates in the nation, because the eerie winds make people "crazy" (in his words).

Then late at night I saw an email from a friend telling me that a meeting which had been canceled had been re-begun, all unknown to me, and that I could come that night. This I found out three hours after the meeting had ended! More bollixed connections, missed connections, lateness, procrastination, and wasted time---typical of the period.

Today I got up earlier than usual and got a lot of my routines going very well for a few hours. Then the weirdness started. I could not get online because my wireless internet service was no longer working. It is one I "borrow" from a neighbor and apparently it is being closed down. Three days after the Dark Hermetic Epoch began. So I had to get online with the dial-up service I hold in reserve. That, of course, was not working at all. I had to restart it twice before it worked as it should. And then Firefox didn't work, so I used IE for my first activities; found that cumbersome; and finally tried Firefox again and it was working. For the foreseeable future I will have to use an antiquated dial-up service without the streaming video and audio I enjoy. More waste of time, waiting for things to load.

Long story. Trivia. But I put it here to acquaint you with the type of thing you will have to navigate until May 27. It will not always be this annoying, but when it is, I hope what you are reading now will help you face it with a smile rather than with anxiety. The world is not coming to an end.

Thursday: A lot of complications need not deter you from doing what seems best. At last, when you have navigated some of these waters, you will be able to enjoy a pleasant meal with someone you like---or, if alone, it will be enjoyable; you will have invisible companions. Offer them a place at the table.

Delays and dangers give you a chance for fresh self-discovery, when you meet them as ingeniously as you can. You can be cunning in competition and look to your advantages, gaining financially or through smart transactions.

Friendly hospitality will greet you wherever you go, if you push the right buttons. You feel inquisitive and adventurous so might enjoy going somewhere you don't usually go for a meal or drink.

Gardening or yard work is on the agenda for many. Regardless of the weather (perhaps damp) this could be a day for planning it or getting it started in small ways.

Taking care of things at home, in the community, and in business is setting you up for wealth and satisfaction, as if you were king or queen of your domain. You see astutely where advantages lie, and manifest them.

{Thursday} {Through Demanding Trivia to Prosperous Satisfaction}

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment