Friday, April 17, 2015

Supplement to Forecast for Friday 17 April

I was tired last night when I wrote the three quatrains which I then titled "Shame." That is not like me, a sort of Cosmic Pollyanna at my best and worst. But I felt that was the way it had to be, and posted what I felt was a dismal, depressing forecast-poem as it had come to me. 

Then Friday morning I found amazing references to "shame" in the Psalm which was next for me to read and chant in my daily reading-chanting of those profound prayers, Psalm 44:

"By Thy help we will throw back our enemies,
in Thy name we will trample down our adversaries.
I will not trust in my bow,
nor will by sword win me the victory; 
for Thou dost deliver us from our foes
and put all our enemies to shame. 
. . . 
Thou hast exposed us to the taunts of our neighbors,
to the mockery and contempt of all around.
Thou hast made us a byword among the nations,
and the peoples shake their heads at us;
so my disgrace confronts me all day long,
and I am covered with shame
at the shouts of those who taunt and abuse me 
as the enemy takes his revenge.
. . . 
Arise and come to our help; 
for Thy love's sake set us free."

Voila! and Amen!

Cosmic Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment