Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Message for Thursday 27 April 2023

Message for Thursday 27 April 2023

^Tangled-Untangled^


I woke up this morning with a lucid dream. I was typing: "I am trying to give you here the path to God."

More grandiose than my usual style! But after all it was a dream, and it seems to have been challenging me to think, "What am I doing as Cosmic Piper?" And my current answer is, "Try to make easier the passage through Time of my readers as well as myself."

"Life changes for him its time-constructed scenes,
Its images veiling infinity."
"But none learns whither through the unknown he sails
Or what secret mission the great Mother gave."

That is us sailing through the days and I try to make our journey more comprehensible or at least illuminate it with uplifting images.

"There is a truth to know, a work to do;
Her play is real; a Mystery he fulfils:
There is a plan in the Mother's deep world-whim,
A purpose in her vast and random game."

(Quotations from Sri Aurobindo's Savitri)

"Out of pattern," as I said yesterday, is part of our fate during every Mercury Retrograde period (this one April 21 - May 15). So I am writing these disquisitions on the MR period rather than the daily sonnets. It feels right.

"It feels right" is one motto to work with during the MR time. (And all I say of that applies also to the entire Dark Hermetic Epoch of April 6-May 31, perhaps to a lesser degree.) Uncertainty is a keyword and so constant decision and re-decision is required. How do you choose? "It feels right" is one criterion. If ethics are involved, even then your conscience "feels right" with some ethical choice rather than another which might seem equally "right" to your reason.

Small things go wrong but can be repaired; for example, even RFK Jr., who seems virtually faultless, admitted today on Twitter that he had made a mistake in referring to a corporate conglomerate; he had called it "Vanguard" but really meant "Vanguard-25" which is an entirely different thing.

And we feel "bound to the past." I sat in my reading-and-meditation chair this morning and saw some papers lying at my feet. An old defunct driver's license plus other official papers connected with it. I picked them up and had to sort through and choose which ones to preserve. The old license might prove valuable should I ever misplace the new one. But I was looking at an old REplaced photo of myself and saving it, representative of how we need to link past with future in unusual ways during the MR period. This took about five minutes--where do I save this stuff so I won't forget where it is?--and was harmless yet felt like taffy sticking to me. Trivial, yet a dozen such trivial incidents in a day can feel like oppression. It definitely helps to know that this is normal during a MR period. One can smile at it rather than fume over it.

Then there are "old friends," another MR syndrome. I was thinking of my college roommate during my freshman year, who remained a friend after that, and hoped I could communicate with him. I had not tried this while Mercury was sailing forward but it felt crucial during the MR period. A blast from the past. I wrote to my old friend on LinkedIn and also used the email address it provided. No response. Is my friend still in this world, or passed on? I do not know and that is sad, but I feel he could be aware of my good wishes for him even if he is in another sphere.

It is healthy to think of those who are absent from your life and link with them psychically when that feels appropriate.

Sometimes things seem to be in a chrysalis state during MR, that is, inchoate, re-forming, tangling and untangling. For me this has been true of politics. I listen to several political podcasts every day. (My favorite is Glenn Greenwald's System Update.) DeSantis and Trump seem to be tangling, but what precisely are the issues? Not at all clear. Biden and RFK Jr. and Marianne Williamson should be "tangling" in the public mind but the media are determined never to report at all on RFK or Williamson, they want to cancel them, as does the Democratic National Committee which says it is not even going to have Primary debates next year during which Biden could lose his foothold to some announced or yet unannounced candidate. And so we are in that chrysalis state of "debate or no-debate" and that is also true on the Republican side with DJT saying he will not debate unless the hosting of the debates meets his approval. So both parties are in the "debate or not" chrysalis and we don't know if a butterfly-debate-season shall emerge. But everybody seems to realize, without astrology, that at present that is just the way it is. Nobody can speed up Mercury.

The best side of MR is the spiritual, I believe. This could be through Scripture, other spiritual reading, chanting, mantra, yoga, music, or whatever uplifts you. When our ordinary picayune, logical or semi-logical minds are in a chrysalis state, our higher faculties and intuitions can prevail.

Speaking of the Divine Mother, or God, Sri Aurobindo says:

"This ever she meant since the first dawn of life,
This constant will she covered with her sport,
To evoke a Person in the impersonal Void,
With the Truth-Light strike earth's massive roots of trance,
Wake a dumb self in the inconscient depths
And raise a lost Power from its python sleep
That the eyes of the Timeless might look out from Time
And the world manifest the unveiled Divine."

{Thursday} ^Tangled-Untangled^

Cosmic Piper

Moon in Leo
(except for very early post-midnight hours on the East Coast, see yesterday's report for times)

No comments:

Post a Comment